Shouse Village students have the opportunity to attend some of the highest-ranked ranked public schools in the United States that reflect the broad level of racial and cultural diversity of Washington metro area. One of the newest elementary schools in Fairfax County, Colvin Run Elementary School, is located in Shouse Village, within walking distance for all neighborhood students.
Shouse Village is fortunate to have access to excellent educational opportunities at each public school level from elementary through high school and beyond. Our school pyramid includes Colvin Run Elementary School, Longfellow Middle School and McLean High School.
- Fairfax County Public School system is the among the largest school systems in the nation. Students in grades pre-K through 12 are offered a diverse, high-quality curriculum, including AP and IB courses at the high school level.
- Colvin Run and Longfellow Middle Schools were awarded the Governor’s Award for Education Excellence, the highest honor under the Virginia Index of Performance.
- The local high school, McLean High School, recently ranked 108th in the nation and 2nd in Virginia for overall educational performance.
- Shouse teens are also eligible to attend Thomas Jefferson School for Science and Technology, one of the top 10 public high schools in the country and recently ranked #1 in the Virginia.
- Mean 2016 SAT scores for high school students in Fairfax County are 1,672 compared with Virginia at 1640 and the total U.S. at 1,518 on a 2400 point scale. The mean for McLean High School is 1821.
- According to the McLean High School Profile for 2016-2017, the mean ACT scores for McLean High School is 27.8 compared to the Virginia average of 23.3.
- The Fairfax County Public School system has a number of special programs designed to assist children and adults at all learning levels.
- Foreign Language Immersion Programs are available in French, Spanish, Japanese and German in select schools.
- Advanced Academic Programs are available at all schools. Full-time learning centers for advanced academic students are available at select schools for grades 3-8. Colvin Run Elementary School is an AAP Level IV school.
- Colvin Run Elementary School has a pre-school program for special needs students and has a before and after school SACC program.