Shouse Village students have the opportunity to attend some of the highest-ranked ranked public schools in the United States that reflect the broad level of racial and cultural diversity of Washington metro area. One of the newest elementary schools in Fairfax County, Colvin Run Elementary School, is located in Shouse Village, within walking distance for all neighborhood students.
Shouse Village is fortunate to have access to excellent educational opportunities at each public school level from elementary through high school and beyond. Our school pyramid includes Colvin Run Elementary School, Longfellow Middle School and McLean High School with 2021 boundary changes phasing in moving students to Cooper Middle School and Langley High School.
- Fairfax County Public School system is the among the largest school systems in the nation. Students in grades pre-K through 12 are offered a diverse, high-quality curriculum, including AP and IB courses at the high school level.
- Colvin Run and Longfellow Middle Schools were awarded the Governor’s Award for Education Excellence, the highest honor under the Virginia Index of Performance.
- According to the recent US News Best High School Rankings, McLean High School, recently ranked 160th in the nation and 3rd in Virginia for overall educational performance, while Langley High School ranked 154th in the nation and 2nd in Virginia for overall educational performance
- Shouse teens are also eligible to attend Thomas Jefferson School for Science and Technology, one of the top 10 public high schools in the country and recently ranked #1 in the Virginia.
- The Fairfax County Public School system has a number of special programs designed to assist children and adults at all learning levels.
- Foreign Language Immersion Programs are available in French, Spanish, Japanese and German in select schools.
- Advanced Academic Programs are available at all schools. Full-time learning centers for advanced academic students are available at select schools for grades 3-8. Colvin Run Elementary School, Cooper Middle School, and Longfellow Middle Schools have AAP Level IV Centers.
- Cooper Middle School and Longfellow Middle School are among nine schools statewide to earn the 2018 Governor’s Award for Educational Excellence, the highest recognition in the Virginia Index of Performance (VIP) awards for advanced learning and achievement.
- McLean High School and Langley High School earned the 2018 Governor’s Award for Educational Excellence.
- Fairfax County Public Schools is one of 15 divisions to earn the 2018 Virginia Board of Education Distinguished Achievement Award.
- Colvin Run Elementary School has a pre-school program for special needs students and has a before and after school SACC program.
Please review the Fairfax County Public Schools website for the most up to date information. Shouse Village Community Association provides the above information as a courtesy and makes no claims to its accuracy.